Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kindom Ethics

Discerning Gods will is tough. Its one of the hardest things in the whole world.
I makes a human who is sinful by nature and requires him to put aside there wants and desires and makes them think outside there boundaries and let randomness take over.
This randomness isn't really random humans only think it is this way.
A friend said this too me and it got me thinking this is the message he left me
Seems like you're workin' against some pretty hard stuff right now, broseph. Remember what I said tonight about the way we respond to the call of God. Just like Jesus, it's alright to be afraid and scared (and terrified!) of what is to come in the future, but if we walk on a pathway laid by the Father, fear has no place. I will pray for you. - E.T.
Right now I'm again in a place where I'm not sure of Gods call and really have been afraid of it but thats ok Im being like Jesus in being scared I'm definitely not in as scary a situation but this is a turning point in my life. Doing Gods will and Gods will is an idea called The Kingdom of God or Basileia tou Theou in Greek. The problem is most humans don't understand this is not a physical kingdom or nation but rather its a idea its a set of ethics that are generally counter cultural and what I call the third way usually a debate has two sides most of the time God makes his own option. Just another thought of mine.

"God has spoken the rest is commentary right?"-Rev. Rob Bell

No comments: