Saturday, November 24, 2007

Acceptance…

Acceptance

What a hard word. The world moves and we have no control over it. What others think we have no control we long to be accepted.

Acceptance

Noun

1. The mental attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true; "he gave credence to the gossip"; "acceptance of Newtonian mechanics was unquestioned for 200 years" [syn: credence]

2. The act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; "its adoption by society"; "the proposal found wide acceptance" [syn: adoption]

3. The state of being acceptable and accepted; "torn jeans received no acceptance at the country club" [ant: rejection]

4. (Contract law) words signifying consent to the terms of an offer (thereby creating a contract)

6. A disposition to tolerate or accept people or situations; "all people should practice toleration and live together in peace" [syn: toleration]

7. The act of taking something that is offered; "her acceptance of the gift encouraged him"; "he anticipated their acceptance of his offer"

Right now I'm struggling with the second use of the word the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; I have decided to go to Bible College long ago and my friends seemed to accept that. But Recently I have considered going on to Seminary which if you didn't know is the training to become a Reverend or Pastor you go to Seminary to Get a Masters of Divinity. My friends sort of gave me a weird look and then played it off like sort of a joke. I feel like my life and there life's are not similar anymore the connection is kind of gone. I love them and care about them but at the same time I don't feel accepted.

No comments: